Below, it will be the application requirements of the presenter.
Observe participation is possible. Please contact the secretariat.
December 1 (Fri.) - January 7 (Sun.) 23:59 deadline
Eligibility for entry
We do not care for age, nationality, or gender.
Entry by group (Maximum 2 people) are also allowed.
Barcelona Round (canceled)
November 12 (Sun) gather at the local hotel
November 16 (Thursday) dissolve at the venu
February 17, 2018 (Saturday) - February 18, 2018 (Sunday)
※Participants themselves should pay for transportation expenses for each of Barcelona and Kobe, and staying expenses.
Number of person
5 pairs (Applications with individuals or groups are allowed)*(Judges will decide with document review)
Download "application form", fill in the mandatory information, and submit it to the e-mail address (dataviz[at]u-deco.de) by the deadline date.
Information about applicant
If you apply for groups, please fill in all the information of each member.
Presentation about the work
Please prepare materials describing the work to be presented at the workshop. There is no necessity to attach a work that is necessarily completed at the stage of judging. We will evaluate the concept and motivation and judge it. (It is necessary to be in a state where demonstration and presentation can be done in the production, and it is necessary to complete by the Kobe round in February.)
- Concept (What sceanario assumed, such as what to express on the theme etc.)
- Usage data
- Self PR
- Reference work that can be submitted (not manndetory)
Kobe City staff and experts (Civic hackers, designers, etc.) will be judge.
|Concept||Is the problem setting and way of thinking is excellent.||40
|Utilization of Open Data||How Open Data usage.||20
|Self PR||PR your skill or social activities.||10
|Ability to realize||Is there skill that is necessary to complete the work.||30
Notification the results
The result of the screening will be notified by e-mail.
Other application conditions
- The work to be presented is limited to works created and entitled by the applicant himself / herself. (It can be a work published publicly in the past)
- The work to be published on the website of Kobe City or this website in CC-BY 4.0 (international)
- The work should be able to reproduce and display without installing a specific application
- In the selection process, the selection committee may conduct hearings
World Viz Challenge 2017